I decided to write this blog in the early hours of Monday morning after having a conversation with an old friend of mine whom I was meant to meet today but we did not as he felt ashamed to meet due to being broke and feeling uncomforteable to speak his truth.
Before I go into the details on how fear of success can show up and impact your life, let me tell you a story about this guy. This friend is someone I love and respect very much, despite all the time and efforts he has put to attend many personal development workshops, publishing a book, and starting a life coaching company he is not making any money.
Many entrepreneurs that I have coached, mentored and helped to create and develop their business go through this stage where no matter how much effort they put they simply do not make money. What’s been interesting to observe with hundreds of clients is that some people manage to get out of this space of lack easily, and others get stack in this space where they find it difficult to manifest money for years until they decide to do something about it.
Are you also someone who no matter what you do you feel stuck?
The Good News!
You’re a not alone in this situation, what you ought to remember is that you are a doer. You’ve got the brains and the potential to move mountains. But you’ve also got this pesky habit of wanting to avoid the spotlight no matter what. In meetings, you’d rather say silent than voice out your amazing idea.
You fear power and leadership, because you’ve seen others hurt by it. You know you could earn more money, but you’re paralyzed by self-doubt and procrastination. When you think about your past, there may be one or two incidents where your friends or family members were jealous of you and your accomplishments.
This fear just like any other fear doesn’t affect you all the time, but it can still do some damage when you least expect it. Watch out for it, and try to make a mental note of the scenarios in which it creeps up on you.
What happens when you’re affected by the fear of success?
- If you’re affected by this fear, you may very well be a doer. You’ve got the brains and the potential to move mountains. But you’ve also got this pesky habit of wanting to avoid the spotlight no matter what.
- In meetings, you’d rather say silent than voice out your amazing idea. You fear power and leadership, because you’ve seen others hurt by it.
- You know you could earn more money, but you’re paralyzed by self-doubt and procrastination.
- And when you think about your past, there may be one or two incidents where your friends or family members were jealous of you and your accomplishments.
What happens when you’re unaffected by the fear of success?
- Your self-confidence will skyrocket, and you’ll start speaking out and accomplishing more at work and in social situations.
- You’ll be compelled to share your unique gift with others, and they’ll reciprocate by giving more of themselves to you too.
- You’ll become a magnet for people and opportunities that grow you and take your life and career to the next level.
What can you do about overcoming the fear of success?
You can do these simple exercises to help you overcome the fear of success, here are five things you can do to overcome the fear of success:
- Identify what makes you feel anxious when you think of success, this could be your deep rooted subconscious believes that keep you stuck in the rat
- Make a list of your limited beliefs and create your personalised positive affirmations, you can download from my website a free e-book on how to do this
- Look within, start to meditate and learn to tap to universal abundance
- Focus, get clear to what your self-worth is, as you do the universe will reward you accordingly
- Trust your inner guidance to help you raise your vibrational state so that you can tap into the abundance energy
If you are still struggling and want to learn more about how to transform from “Fear of Successes to Freedom and Making Money” you may want to attend any of my workshop or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org to be kept informed about my forthcoming book “A Path to Wisdom” due to be released in Spring 2014 as it might be just the solution you have been looking for.
The book will be available on sale from Amazon, kindle, iPad, and the major retailers.
You can also book a two hour Fear2Success Elite Life Coaching Consultation and learn to say good by to Fear and say Hello to your new found Freedom and Success you wish to create.
In my next article i am going to talk to you about what happens when you’re affected by the ‘Fear of Failure’.
Helping you become healthy, wealthy and wise.
To your joy, success and happiness,
Tony J Selimi