No matter what subconscious fear you’re experiencing, it almost always falls into one of 7 categories that you are soon going to discover. So far, in my previous blogs I spoke about the ‘Fear of Unworthiness’, and the ‘Fear of Identity’. Before reading about the next one the ‘Fear of Change’, take a few moments to read the previous two blogs and see if any of these have popped up in your life.
Science tells us everything changes, and you know change is necessary for your personal growth, many of the clients who come to my workshops, see me for Life Coaching, Crystal Light Bed Therapy or Bio Energy healing experience this fear.
Often they can’t help but shy away from it in favor of the choices you’re familiar with. At work, you’re known as the one who plays it safe. You may have a reputation for being reliable, but you’re rarely the one who comes up with game-changing ideas.
You crave security and love the consistency of your routine, you are trapped in your own fortress and the idea of getting out can be terrifying. At home, your friends and family might even call you stubborn for always sticking to your ways. If you are someone affected by this fear you’re not very fond of surprises.
This fear just like any other fear doesn’t affect you all the time, but it can still do some damage when you least expect it. Watch out for it, and try to make a mental note of the scenarios in which it creeps up on you.
What happens when you’re affected by the fear of change?
- If you’re affected by this fear, you already know that change is necessary for your personal growth – but you often can’t help but shy away from it in favor of the choices you’re familiar with. Simply put you make a lot of excuses of why remaining where you are is the best thing for you.
- At work, you’re known as the one who plays it safe. You may have a reputation for being reliable, but you’re rarely the one who comes up with game-changing ideas. You hide your emotions and personality and most likely you lack confidence in speaking your mind.
- And at home, your friends and family might even call you stubborn for always sticking to your ways. You do the same things over and over routine is your favourite game.
- You crave security and love the consistency of your daily routine – and you may feel discomfort whenever you’re forced to shy away from this routine.
- Oh, and you’re not very fond of surprises.
What happens when you’re unaffected by the fear of change?
- You’ll be more eager to dive into new experiences and meeting new people. You easily blend in new social environments and make new friends.
- Your newfound openness will lead to more career and financial opportunities. You speak your mind, are direct in your communication and not afraid to ask to be promoted for the hard work you know you have done that deserves that promotion, bonus or even salary increase.
- You’ll develop the ability to see things in a different light, which leads to more creativity and intuition at work.
- You follow your passion, you do what you love and you do it with pride
- You embrace life fully and start to create new experiences
What can you do about it?
- Make a list and identify which fear is affecting you
- Acknowledge the feeling and each specific fear and let it pass through your body
- Each day challenge yourself to do something different, start changing small things i.e. take a new
- Remember, its only a perception and that FEAR stands for False Evidence Appearing Real
If you want to learn more about how to transform from “Fear of Change” you may want to send your details to < ahref="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com to be kept in touch of my forthcoming book “A Path to Wisdom” due to be released in Spring 2014 as it might be just the solution you have been looking for.
The book will be available on sale from Amazon, kindle, iPad, and the major retailers. You can also book a two hour Fear2FReedom Coaching Consultation and learn to say good by to Fear and say Hello to your new found Freedom.
In my next article i am going to talk to you about what happens when you’re affected by the ‘Fear of Success’.
Helping you become healthy, wealthy and wise.
To your joy, success and happiness,
Tony J Selimi